Saturday 11 October 2014

I Reinvented the Artist in me


The years of corporate life and several years before that for preparing oneself  to enter into corporate life has meta-morphed the artist in me into a "Number Cruncher"(Yeah! that's the way i'm known in my workplace). The numbers kept on being crunched over the days months years and go on.......so much of crunching had reduced the artist in me to occasional Doodling in those endless meetings, con-calls, conferences, etc where its often attributed to my disinterest......Arghhhh! How can i be at my artistic best(Doodle is what i did best in several such years!!) if i'm bored. Not to be explained though.
Here comes one sleepless night when sleep was miles away and mind wanted to do something. took another couple of hours to find out what.....at 3 AM  could realize....OMG! I WANT TO PAINT....RED GREEN BLUE ORANGE BLACK WHITE MAGENTA TEAL MAUVE JADE....oh i want to play with all these colors. Checked my supplies..All that was remained from some past sporadic experiments  was a couple of bottles of glass colors, some sketch pens(which my one and a half year old uses in his games) some board markers!!
This "remains of the treasure" was sufficient enough to send me back to bed even more dissatisfied. And before i could think bad for myself the SLEEP came to me. Morning begun with some more number crunching. By evening i was sure number crunching is what i'm best at and last night incidence was another addition to my sporadic artistic awakening. after a tough day it was time to bed and here i'm waiting for some sleep. Once assured its not in vicinity i started doing what i'm best at. Number crunching!!!
How many nights i'm thinking only this in last week...
.................................................................. last month..
.................................................................. last year..
.................................................................. many years!!!

And i know my answer Now. I've heard my inner call. But Why CraftoNOMICS!! coz i'm still the number cruncher. The finances must roll up. The money must be minted...Be it Art or any  other start!
This time its not to stop....its a never ending beginning!

Thanks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment